Well here it is, my mango and ginger cheesecake recipe!
I cant get enough of making this over and over again and have probably made this for every friend I have, as it is so quick and easy to make but also so DELICIOUS! It requires no baking so can be made the night before or the morning of the occasion.
100g butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
250g ginger biscuits (if you don't like ginger you can use Digestives, but honestly it really isn't the same)
300g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
½ vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100ml double cream
10 tablespoons sweetened mango pulp (you can buy this in a tin from a supermarket in the world food aisle or at any Indian grocery store)
1. Grease and line a 7inch loose-bottomed round tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse till the biscuit’s are a fine crumb. Alternatively place the biscuits in a food bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Transfer into a medium bowl and pour the melted butter over the biscuits. Mix well until coated.
4. Tip the biscuit mix into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon until level.
5. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Place the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla seeds in a large bowl. Whisk with an electric mixer or hand whisk on low until smooth.
7. Whisk the double cream in a medium sized bowl until slightly thick.
8. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, along with 4 tablespoons of the mango pulp. Using a spatula, mix well until combined and smooth.
9. Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and spoon the mixture on top. Smooth down the top with the back of a spoon.
10. Leave to set in the fridge overnight or 4-5 hours.
11. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving
12. Take the cheesecake out from the tin and spoon the remainder of the mango pulp onto the top of the cheesecake. Spread till the pulp is an even layer. Slice and serve.