In an attempt to get my Mum to stop snacking on bad treats, I have tried to cram all her favourite flavours into one healthier and delicious ball. After a few attempts, I finally achieved the right balance of sweet and savoury for her and she loves them!
They're a great pick-me-up in between main meals and can be made in batches and kept in the freezer.
Makes 9 balls
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup clear honey
40 grams stem ginger, grated
1 cup oats, ground
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
1 tablespoon almonds, ground
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
1 tablespoon dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1/4 cup raisins or sultanas, roughly chopped
1. In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, honey and ginger.
2. Mix together the remainder of the ingredients in a separate large bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a spoon or your hands until the mixture is slightly sticky.
4. Take a chunk of the mixture and roll it into a ball with your hands. These should be roughly the size of a golf ball.
5. Sprinkle some of the desiccated coconut onto a small plate and roll each ball into the coconut so it covers the ball.
6. Place the balls onto a tray and freeze. These can be taken out of the freezer an hour before eating.